Popular Posts

Friday, October 9, 2015

The Dairy Queen Debacle: Hell Hath no Fury like a woman scorned by Dairy Queen




Late Tuesday night, after a long hard day, which began with the arrival of my not so friendly monthly visitor, found us in the DQ drive-through.

Dinner had been disgusting. I really don’t know what I did or didn’t do to that meat loaf, but I couldn’t force my kids to eat it when they already think I am trying to torture them every time I make it.  They had eaten their rice and broccoli, but after a night at a Cub Scout pack meeting all were starving.  Dad said he would get them each one FOOD item from DQ (the ONLY worthwhile fast food on our way home). He was heralded as the best dad ever!
Our order arrived as follows:1 chicken strip basket (chicken for B-1 fries for b-3)
2 cheese burgers (B-2, g-2)
1 hamburger (g-1)
Those of us who had choked down our dinner were rewarded with:
1 cookie-dough blizzard with chocolate soft serve (Mr. Hollywood)
1 cookie-dough blizzard with chocolate soft serve AND peanut butter sauce(Em) you really should try one of these if you’re a chocolate and pb fan they are amazing!!!!!!!

I was sitting in the middle of the van in order to hold hands with an overtired starving g-2, Mr. H handed me the food, I checked and it was all good so we were off. Ice-cream was safely stashed in cup holders in front, my eyes never on them. Five minutes later we arrive home and when I open them both planning to determine which one has the delectable peanut buttery goodness I find this!
Why yes, they made a vanilla cookie-dough blizzard with PB and well it was very much NOT what I wanted! Plus why did we pay for a large when they only fill them 7/8ths of the way? Yet, if we get a medium they are overflowingly full??
My poor sweet husband who could see the fire coming out of my eyes asked “what do you want to do?”

“I guess I’ll go back? I have to go back. I’m GOING back!”



I hopped in the car and dialed Elle.
SHE DID NOT ANSWER!
Didn’t she know I was having a crisis and needed her!
She quickly texted back:  “At a band concert, call you when it’s over”
I hastily texted back my problem then pulled out of the drive.

One minute later
“RING RING”
ELLE WAS CALLING ME!

SHE knew the gravity of this situation and quickly excused herself to called me from the bathroom just like any bff should.
I explained the situation and that I needed someone to “talk me down” before I went into the DQ and came across as a completely hormonal, psychotic lunatic.
Getting it out calmed me some, but she supported my 8:55pm drive back to the offenders, there was no “talking down” going to be done by her.  

I was greeted by the shift manager who had been the one at the drive-through 15 minutes earlier when we’d come through. She too saw the fire in my eyes. I explained the problem, complete with the receipt and picture.  She got the manager and I again recited the problem. I was only shaking slightly now from the rage that consumed me. I was trying my best to be polite.

She was very agreeable, but I could see the annoyance in the entire crew’s eyes, whispers and glances at me. Didn’t they know that this was a catastrophe?
The manager returned, did the "tip trick" with the blizzard and wished me well.
But on the way out to my car I noticed something was wrong! There was no delectable peanut-buttery goodness wafting up.
I decided I had better taste it before I drove away. Sadly I was right, there was indeed NO PEANUT BUTTER.

My mind was racing...
“I have to go back in” “They’re going to think I am the biggest whiner in the world” “But they’re the ones who messed up” “Why didn’t I make sure to tell her before she made it?” “It was right there on the receipt I showed her when I explained the problem” “That’s right the receipt! I had paid extra for the missing peanut butter!” “I must go in and fully right this wrong!” “What was the point of driving all the way back to still leave with the wrong kind, the unsatisfying kind?”

I was much kinder this time assuring them that I was indeed not a psycho, but that they had forgotten the peanut butter.
I was told to keep the one in my hand and they very quickly made me the correct flavor blizzard.
So far I have not developed any spit borne illnesses, but I know that there is still time these things can have long incubation periods.
At this point I can only hope and pray for my safety.

But by golly was the first bite of that long anticipated chocolate-peanut-butter-cookie-dough blizzard ever so satisfying!!
As always STAY AWESOME
-EM

Please note: no DQ employees were harmed in the  making of this story, the author also holds no malice for the location, it’s employees, nor the corporation and does indeed intend to patronize them again. Especially since they are close to her house and always make yummy stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment